Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Go Eagles (the socks, not the team)!

I am still not over my latest fiasco (it looks fine until I put it on, and then . . . hoo, boy--roll, flip, flip, roll) but I did cast-on for my son’s socks in Scout’s yarn dyed especially for him. I am using Knitty’s Thuja pattern (love it!) so that it is interesting for me to knit, but with the striping, you can’t really see the pattern detail.


This is fun--not just the colors, and the football thing for him (and if you don't know let me just tell you, the Eagles are NOT on a winning streak), but because I am playing a little game with myself (and everybody else in my family!): I am knitting these socks (and any other Christmas socks I might venture to make) in secret. This means while everyone is sleeping, or out, or otherwise occupied, I am knitting and giggling. In front of them, I am still noodling around with the other unfinished sock(s) they've seen me working on. No one suspects a thing . . . We’ll see if I can keep this up past this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh they look great!

11/28/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

*whispering* The sock is coming out sssooooooo cute, you little secret knitter you!! I bet you could knit a whole pile of stuff, and no one will suspect a thing, thanks to your "other" projects that you knit in front of them!!

11/29/2006 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home