!. All things appearing in my stash were purchased with a specific intent.
2. Some of my stash has been knitted, and subsequently frogged, because I didn't like the outcome of the product, which then recycles yarn back to the stash.
3. I try to purchase yarn which I LOVE for some reason . . . I never buy just because it was a good price, or pretty color. Except when I bought that dumb Target yarn for 25 cents a skein.
4. I consider anything (even if it is the next skein on the needles) that is not on needles, as stash.
5. I have recently discovered the smarmy feeling of having wonderful yarn at the ready . . . that would be my "top shelf stuff"--I feel so indulged by knowing there are 11 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, 8 skeins of Chamonix, 2 skeins of Manos, 3 skeins of Lorna's Lace, and 6 (yes, 6) skeins of Blue Sly Alpaca at my disposal for what-ever, when-ever.
6. I get that same smarmy feeling when I buy yarn which is the exact stuff used in the pattern.
7. I love to look at my stash.
8. I wish I would better organize my stash and have a real knitting room for it
9. If my favorite people (think family members) knew how much stash I had, they would throw a fit. But then I would take them to your blog, and show them your stash, for perspective.
10. While humbled by this experience, I was online this morning, trying to figure out what I could use the kpixe sale yarns for.